Banditos Jalapeños. One of the beloved characters is a bull and this is my artistic interpretation of his appearance. I didn't have a whole lot of time so I used a stencil printed from a free online clip art source. Read on for the instructions and photos.
Computer with internet access (to download the free clip art)
Scissors or Exacto knife
Cup of water
1. Print the clip art image at the size you want it for your painting.
2. Cut the image out of the paper to create a stencil from which you can trace.
3. Using a light touch, trace your image with a pencil onto your watercolor paper.
4. Tear and apply small pieces of masking tape to the outside of the traced line. You are creating an inverted mask so that the color only fills the image area.
5. Go crazy with the watercolors.
6. Let the paint dry for a little bit. I actually didn't wait for it to dry completely and the paint ran into the cracks of the tape as I removed the mask. I like that effect though. Proof that there isn't a wrong answer here!
7. Carefully peel away the pieces of masking tape and admire your work of art.